12 June 2020

Ritterkreuz Award Ceremony for Alexander von Hartmann in Stalingrad


Image size: 1170 x 1600 pixel. 0.98MB
Date: Thursday, 8 October 1942
Place: Stalingrad, Soviet Union
Photographer: Unknown



Ritterkreuz award ceremony for Generalmajor Alexander von Hartmann (Kommandeur 71. Infanterie-Division), which was held on October 8, 1942 in Stalingrad. The two generals who put the medal were Hartmann's two bosses, from left to right: General der Artillerie Walther von Seydlitz-Kurzbach (Kommandierender General LI. Armeekorps) and General der Panzertruppe Friedrich Paulus (Oberbefehlshaber 6. Armee). When his division (and all 6. Armee) could no longer escape from the Soviet siege around the city, Hartmann spoke to his officers calmly: "It is a great honor when an officer died in a battle. I will not kill myself, but I will sell my life dearly." He then took the rifle and headed for the embankment of the Stalingrad train located in the south. In front of the remaining members of his division (3 officers, 7 noncommissioned officers, and 183 soldiers), von Hartmann started firing at the Russian soldier who was invading ... while standing still! At 8:00 a.m. on January 26, 1943, he finally fell as he wished, shot right in the head. Also killed in the same day and in the same embankment were Oberstleutnant Kurt Corduan (Kommandeur Infanterie-Regiment 191) and Major Bayerlein (Kommandeur Infanterie-Regiment 211). Hartmann was promoted to General der Infanterie posthumously (he was promoted to Generalleutnant previously, on December 1942).






Source :
https://wehrmachtss.blogspot.com/2018/11/upacara-penganugerahan-ritterkreuz.html

1 comment:

  1. My Testimony Hello everyone. Am here to testify how I got my loan from Mr. Benjamin Lee after I applied several times from various loan lenders who promised to help but they never gave me the loan. Until a friend of mine introduced me to Mr. Benjamin Lee promised to help me and indeed he did as he promised without any delay.I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until I met Mr. Benjamin Lee, who indeed helped with the loan and changed my belief. I don't know if you are in any way in need of a genuine and urgent loan, Be free to contact Mr. Benjamin Lee via
    WhatsApp : + 1-989-394-3740
    Email: 247officedept@gmail.com.
    { I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST FRIENDS }

    ReplyDelete